Six UC campuses currently offer the UC Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) program for California community college students who meet specific requirements. Davis, Santa Barbara, Irvine, Santa Cruz, Riverside and Merced each have a TAG program.
UC Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) program participants receive many benefits such as early review of your academic records, early admission notification and specific guidance about major preparation and general education coursework.
- TAG applications are due Sept. 30.
- You can only apply for a TAG at one campus.
- To keep your options open, apply to other UC campuses during the regular application cycle (Nov. 1-30).
The TAG matrix [PDF] provides a list of participating campuses and campus-specific requirements to qualify.
HOW TO APPLY FOR TAG
- Use the UC Transfer Admission Planner to complete the TAG application
- Review it with your community college counselor and/or UC campus TAG adviser
- Submit it Sept. 1–30.
- TAG approval notifications are sent in November.
- If you are approved, fulfill all remaining coursework and GPA requirements in your TAG agreement.
- Fill out the application for admission to UC and submit it Nov. 1–30.